Contract Awarded for 750 Additional Commuter Car Parking Spaces at Emu Plains Station
The Emu Plains Commuter Car Park project is a joint initiative of the Federal and State Governments to provide additional commuter parking and ease congestion on roads.
“The Commuter Car Park Program is designed to make it easier for customers who need to drive part of their journey to access public transport hubs,” Stuart Ayres said.
“Stephen Edwards Constructions has been awarded the contract to deliver the new car park on behalf of Transport for NSW. Detailed design work has commenced and early works are due to start in the coming months,” Stuart Ayres said.
“This project will not only provide more access to parking for the community but employ around 50 people in a range of fields including engineering, construction and administration roles.”
Key features of the overall project include:
- a new commuter car park with up to 750 additional spaces located on vacant land to the west of Emu Plains Station, off Old Bathurst Road
- additional accessible parking spaces and motorcycle parking bays
- a new footbridge over Old Bathurst Road to provide safe and direct pedestrian access between the new car park and the station
- a new intersection on Old Bathurst Road to allow vehicle entry and exit into the car park
- landscaping including a vegetated drainage channel through the car park
- provision for future electric vehicle charging spaces
- CCTV, lighting and wayfinding signage for improved safety and security.
The project is expected to be completed in early 2022.
The Federal Government’s JobTrainer initiative is helping plug the critical...
Stuart Ayres MP, Member for Penrith today presented Mr Robert Rayner with...
The 400 best inventions, designs, performances, writings and artworks...
It’s Lions Awareness Day this weekend and many volunteers across the country...
Stuart Ayres MP, Member for Penrith this week joined Minister for Loca...
Blue Mountains Concert Society Piano & Violin 2.30pm, Blue Mountains Theatre, Macquarie Rd, Springwood. Book online, at the box office or 4723 5050
Trees Adventure Calling all dare devils! Swing & climb up to 20m high in the tree canopy. An experience you won't for forget!
Benchmark Building Certifiers Building Certification Services: BASIX Assessments, Building Energy Ratings, Town Planning Services. Call us now.