Have Your Say about the Nepean Hospital Redevelopment
The project team is inviting community members to register their interest in consumer consultation opportunities which will occur into 2018 and beyond.
Community input into the new and improved facilities is essential to deliver high quality care that meets the needs of patients in the Penrith and Blue Mountains catchment area for decades to come.
Stage 1 of the Nepean Redevelopment, which is funded by the NSW Government, will include:
- A new clinical services block
- A new and expanded Emergency Department
- At least 12 new operating theatres
- 18 birthing suites in new accommodation, an increase of 10
- A new Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- More than 200 overnight beds in new accommodation
- A new helipad
- New community health services; and
- Expansion of cancer services (doubling the number of chemotherapy chairs from 15 - 30).
The project also includes the construction of a multi-storey car park to support the expansion of services.
Planning and consultation will continue for several more months to determine the best layout and design of the project.
The consumer participation form is available at the Nepean Hospital main reception area and can also be downloaded from the Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District website.
This article archived 20 Feb 2018
Stuart Ayres MP, Member for Penrith congratulates Mr Gerard Buchtmann...
Theatre, performance, music and comedy - shows that'll captivate you,...
Stuart Ayres MP, Member for Penrith today invites the local community...
Older people in Penrith have the opportunity to increase their digital...
Stuart Ayres MP, Member for Penrith today visited Penrith South Public...
Think Conveyancing Penrith
Pool & Spa Warehouse
ZAC Homes Pty Ltd