Nepean Hospital Upgrade Continues With New Childcare Centre Approved
Somerset Cottage Childcare is within the construction zone for the 14-storey hospital tower and is being relocated to a new purpose-built facility on the northern edge of the hospital campus.
“The NSW Government has committed $1 billion for a major expansion and upgrade of Nepean Hospital and community-based services. It includes $576 million for Stage 1 and $450 million for Stage 2,” said Stuart Ayres.
“The new childcare centre will ensure that staff and their young families are supported at Nepean Hospital for many years to come.
“The design of the new centre is the result of extensive staff and parent consultation with childcare design experts to create a safe, vibrant and modern centre that meets the needs of local families and valued childcare workers.”
The new centre will continue to provide childcare services for up to 68 children aged from zero to five years, with an expansion zone to increase the capacity in the future if required.
Construction of the new childcare service is scheduled to start in coming weeks following the construction tender award process.
Stage 1 of the Nepean Redevelopment also includes:
- A new clinical services tower
- A new and expanded Emergency Department
- More than 12 new operating theatres
- 18 birthing suites in new accommodation, an increase of 10
- A new Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- More than 200 overnight beds in new accommodation
- A new helipad
- New community health services
- Expansion of cancer services (a doubling of chemotherapy chairs from 15 - 30)
- A new multi-storey car park to support the expansion of services.
Construction of the new childcare centre is scheduled for completion in early 2020.
Stuart Ayres MP, Member for Penrith announced this week, the ‘Shattered’...
Stuart Ayres MP, Member for Penrith joined Kay Hyman, NBMLHD Chief Executive...
A boost for volunteer participation and opportunities to create a more...
Domestic violence victim-survivors across Penrith and the Blue Mountains...
Stuart Ayres MP, Member for Penrith welcomes the announcement that people...